Did You Know?
COVID-19 resources and information from Active Trans
As we address the global pandemic, the Active Transportation Alliance is adapting and responding — and continuing to do the important work of fighting for clean and equitable transportation.
Linked below are tips and resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as information about our current work.
Responding to the pandemic
- Public engagement needed around Metra’s off peak service cuts (May 20)
- Tips for transit riders during COVID-19 (May 20, 2020)
- Open streets and Chicagoland’s transportation recovery planning (May 6, 2020)
- Exploring open streets during COVID-19 (April 30, 2020)
- Safe walking and biking during COVID-19 (April 20, 2020)
- Advocates call for transit agencies to prioritize racial equity in COVID-19 response (April 16, 2020)
- Community-based organizations adapt to serve local needs (April 14, 2020)
- CTA, Pace announce boarding changes to protect workers and riders (April 9, 2020)
- Supporting the transportation needs of essential workers (April 7, 2020)
- Federal stimulus bill includes $1.6 billion for Chicagoland transit (March 27, 2020)
- Transit operators need stronger protections (March 27, 2020)
- Essential travel must take priority during COVID-19 crisis (March 26, 2020)
- Bike shops to stay open during “stay at home” order (March 20, 2020)
- Continuing to push for safe, just, and livable streets (March 19, 2020)
Resources for parents and teachers
- Lessons in walking and biking safety (April 15, 2020)
- Fun walking and biking resources for kids (April 1, 2020)
We rely heavily on members and supporters like you to make our work possible.
Thank you for being part of the fight for better transportation options.
Please refer to these public health resources for more information:
- National: Center for Disease Controls and Prevention (CDC)
- State: Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH)
Make a Donation
Your tax-deductible donation supports the important work that Active Trans does throughout the region