Did You Know?
Donate to the Active Transportation Alliance
Our advocacy efforts — in partnership with supporters like you — have achieved impressive wins in the past year:
- After persistent advocacy efforts, the city of Chicago committed to using concrete barriers for protected bike lanes instead of easily-crushable plastic posts.
- We helped defeat a measure that would have allowed a higher speeding threshold for issuing automated tickets near parks and schools.
- We worked with partners to influence the Illinois Secretary of State primary election through a voter guide outlining candidate views on walking, biking, and transit.
- We’ve been a key player in advancing a variety of exciting trail projects throughout the the region.
Will you help to keep this momentum going?
Your contribution will ensure that elected officials and agency leaders know the importance of protected bike lanes, bus-only street space, and life-saving pedestrian infrastructure.
Whether you can give $40, $50, $75, or an even more generous contribution, it’s important for you to act now so that we can make sure the voice for walking, biking, and public transit is heard.
Your contribution will allow us to get going on …
- Making a strong case for the city to build a network of protected bike lanes in Chicago.
- Closing trail gaps and fixing dangerous road crossings on suburban trails.
- Improving transit service in the city and suburbs so that it’s fast and reliable, and specifically, pushing the city of Chicago to commit to a network of dedicated bus lanes.
Play your part in creating a region that is cleaner, healthier, and more equitable. Please consider giving $40, $50, or more now.
“I support Active Transportation Alliance because they have a multifaceted approach to improving transportation and quality of life in the region. They’ve been working on it for a long time and are continuing to move the needle.”
— Sarah Gleisner, Active Transportation Alliance member and volunteer
Here are few other ways that you can support this important work.