Did You Know?
Donate to Active Trans
Help us make biking, walking and transit better in your community
Active Transportation Alliance’s mission is to reclaim the region’s streets. And the strongest tool in our arsenal is you.
Here are some recent accomplishments that you helped make possible:
- Building of separate trails for people biking and walking along the entire Lakefront Trail is well underway — with some of the busiest sections already complete.
- CTA expanded its prepaid boarding pilot program, one of the key recommendations in our Back on the Bus report.
- Progress made on a continuous Chicago River Trail with completion of the North Branch Trail extension and the ground breaking of the 312 River Run.
- 19 Chicagoland communities passed Complete Streets policies and 14 communities approved active transportation plans.
- Chicago released a Vision Zero Action Plan.
- You fought for — and won — the right to bring your bike on the South Shore Line.
But our work together is far from complete. We need a comprehensive bikeways network in the city and suburbs, and a bike sharing program that is accessible to everyone throughout the area.
We need the ability to cross streets without fearing for our lives. We need to reclaim our streets.
By coming to meetings and signing petitions, you make your voice loud and clear: This is our region. These are our streets.
But Active Trans can’t keep the lights on with petition signatures.
Three other ways to give
1. Including Active Trans in your estate planning is a powerful way to create your own legacy of healthy transportation. Learn more.
2. Your car on its last leg? Consider donating your car to Active Trans. It’s easy to do.
3. Do you shop on Amazon.com? Your purchases could be going to support Active Trans! Visit smile.amazon.com and select Active Transportation Alliance as your preferred charity. With the same catalogue and pricing, Amazon Smile turns your everyday purchases into better transportation opportunities for your neighborhood!