Did You Know?
Join the Active Trans Hero Squad this September
The Active Transportation Alliance already has more than 7,000 member heroes in our ranks and together we are making a huge impact in our region.
To make an even greater impact, we need you! Amplify your voice and truly make a difference on our streets by becoming a member today.
Recently Active Trans focused its influence to:
- Pave the way for 30 miles of protected and buffered bike lanes in Chicago — more than any other U.S. city.
- Convince state lawmakers to pass a bill that makes bicyclists’ legal right to pass cars on the right crystal clear — an issue that has plagued people on bikes for years.
- Rally support for Divvy, the new bike-sharing system in Chicago, which saw more than 150,000 rides in the first month and a half.
- Help save $80 million of federal biking, walking and transit funds from being slashed.
- Mobilize nearly 5,000 supporters in our Riders for Better Transit campaign to demand better transit options with the Red Line South Bill of Rights and the Bus Rapid Transit projects.
- Collaborate with suburban communities to develop comprehensive bicycle and trail networks.
No one is fighting for your biking, walking or transit trip like Active Trans. If you want to make a difference on our streets – join us and together we will work toward making biking, walking and transit more safe, fun and convenient for all!
In addition to making the world a better place, you also get great benefits, like discounts at over 100 bike shops and businesses, Active Trans’ 2013 seven county Chicagoland Bike Map, event discounts and more!
Join before the end of September during our member drive, and you will automatically be entered into a drawing to win your very own super hero portrait by local artist and Active Trans member, George Berlin!
Please join today.
Make a Donation
Your tax-deductible donation supports the important work that Active Trans does throughout the region