Did You Know?
Chicago Leadership Network
What is the Chicago Leadership Network?
Walkable communities, high quality bike lanes and a strong public transportation system: These are not pipe dreams, but attainable goals that will make our region more sustainable, healthier and more equitable.
You can be a part of making these goals a reality by joining the Chicago Leadership Network, the Active Transportation Alliance’s network of leaders in the active transportation movement.
The network will help you connect with likeminded individuals who are interested in building the movement for more active transportation options and access the resources needed to strengthen biking, walking, and transit in your community.
You can get involved by participating in our quarterly networking meetups and other events. See below for ways to get involved and to learn about our advocacy resources.
Participating in the Chicago Leadership Network will allow you to:
- Hone your skills and become a savvy advocate through our trainings.
- Learn the nuts and bolts of biking, walking and transit infrastructure and policy issues.
- Build the local movement by meeting and working with other advocates.
- Get hands-on support from Active Trans’ expert advocacy staff to create a more livable city.
How to get involved
>> Sign up for our monthly Leadership Network Bulletin
Email [email protected] to get on the email list for monthly updates, resources, announcements and event updates.
>> Connect with other local advocates
The Chicago Leadership Network will host networking events on a quarterly basis to bring together the leaders of the active transportation movement, like you! To suggest a topic to discuss or if you would like to host an event in your community, let us know by emailing [email protected]
>> Commit to carrying out your campaign. The Chicago Leadership Training is open to anyone interested in developing a campaign to improve biking and walking in their community.
Here’s how you can get started:
- Get in touch: Contact Julia Gerasimenko at [email protected] and we will connect you to resources and other advocates in your area.
- Assess your community: Plan a “walk audit” or a “transit station audit” in your community. Create a survey or schedule a priority-setting workshop in your community with Active Trans staff.
- Make a plan: After you have a handle on what is happening in your community, fill out the six-step Campaign Action Planning Worksheet.
- Get started: Get started implementing your plan!
>> Request a Leadership Training workshop
Active Trans has developed curriculum to help advocates build their own campaigns. Contact [email protected] to schedule a leadership training workshop in your community.
Campaign Building Worksheets
Campaign Building Tip Sheets
Stories from Chicago
Blog series on policy recommendations featured in the Back on the Bus report:
Make a Donation
Your tax-deductible donation supports the important work that Active Trans does throughout the region