Did You Know?
Get Ready to Ride
Make your riding easier and safer by following these tips.
Turn on the lights
- When the sun sets, use front and rear lights.
- Use a red flashing light in the rear and white light in front. Don’t skip the front light: It will make you more visible to oncoming traffic.
Carry loads on the bike
- Rear bike racks allow you to carry loads on the bike rather than on you, keeping you cooler and more stable.
- Attach a simple milk crate to the rack to use as a basket or upgrade to a set of panniers (saddle bags).
- Fenders on the bike reduce the amount of dirt and water thrown up by your tires onto your clothing.
- A chain guard protects your pants from damage and grease from the chain.
Want to learn more? Feel free to print out our Everyday Biking Guide.
Make a Donation
Your tax-deductible donation supports the important work that Active Trans does throughout the region