Part-Time Office Assistant
Based in Chicago, Illinois, the Active Transportation Alliance (Active Trans) works to promote walking, bicycling and public transit to create safe, healthy and equitable communities. We envision a Chicagoland where all people have access to a safe, seamless, convenient and connected transportation environment that is abundant with walking, bicycling and transit options. Together with its members and supporters, partner organizations, staff, board and volunteers, Active Trans stands poised to harness the momentum of the 21st century, building on the energy of today’s historic demand for a society that offers healthier, cleaner, and more equitable transportation options.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Director, the Part-Time Office Assistant will work 20 hours per week providing general administrative support for office and staff operations. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication, interpersonal, time-management and organizational skills with an interest in working as a strong contributor to a team.
Estimated hours for this position are 20 hours per week. Reporting days and work shifts are flexible but will typically be scheduled for regular workdays and business hours. Pay rate is $17.00 per hour.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
- Greet and direct office visitors
- Answer phone calls and return voicemails for general organizational phone number
- Monitor general email box and directly respond to inquiries or distribute to appropriate staff member
- Monitor e-fax inbox and distribute to appropriate staff
- Execute and oversee general office support and administrative tasks including:
- Retrieval and distribution of USPS mail
- Maintenance of office machines
- Ordering office supplies
- Coordination of staff and board meetings
- Act as primary point of contact for all office vendors
- Act as primary point of contact for building management
- Compile weekly internal email newsletter
- Act as administrative liaison to board of directors
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned
- Great customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task
- Ability to excel in an unstructured and informal environment with limited supervision
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- A commitment to the Active Transportation Alliance mission, vision and goals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Send a resume and cover letter to Melody Geraci at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include the words “Office Assistant” in the subject line. Electronic submissions only; no mailed or faxed submissions will be considered.
No phone calls, please.
Immediately, or as soon as possible
This is a part-time position. The position will be based at the Active Transportation Alliance office in Chicago’s North Loop area.
Salary & Benefits
The Active Transportation Alliance offers a competitive wage based upon experience and skills.
Deadline for Submissions
This position is open until filled. For priority consideration, please submit application no later than June 25th, 2019.
The Active Transportation Alliance is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, pregnancy, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Active Trans believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as an advocacy organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.