Did You Know?
Teen Driving Safety Week
October 17-24, 2010 is Teen Driving Safety Week. We all know that teenagers are more prone to getting in traffic crashes. One of Active Transportation Alliance's two primary goals is a 50 percent reduction in traffic crashes. So, what are we doing to reduce the high teenage traffic crash rates?
In the past year, we have:
1. Completed a detailed analysis of all crash reports in Illinois
2. Led a teen advocacy campaign for traffic safety at three large high schools
3. Passed new traffic safety laws, including pedestrian protections and speed reductions
4. Educated more than 60,000 people on bike/ped/transit safety
And what are we doing now?
1. Presenting to almost 300 drivers education instructors
2. Creating model lessons for teaching bike/ped/transit safety in drivers education
3. Drafting a new ambitious legislative agenda for 2011
And what can you do?
1. Take our legislative survey
2. Volunteer for the crash support hotline program
3. Take the Drive With Care pledge
Make a Donation
Your tax-deductible donation supports the important work that Active Trans does throughout the region