Did You Know?
Bus riders account for more than 20 percent of people using Lake Shore Drive every day while taking up a fraction of the space that cars do.
Looking forward to 2010
As our office closes down for the holiday (we'll be back 1/4/2010), I've pulled together a quick look forward to Active Trans’ 2010 Goals. Come be a part of the excitement of our 25th Year.
- Launch Mobility Education in Chicago’s High Schools
- Launch new campaign to support big, bold and innovative infrastructure in the City of Chicago
- Establish future of Open Streets
- Finalize new strategic objectives for next three to five years
- Win a new transportation bill in DC
- Win HB43, the must stop bill for pedestrians in Springfield
- Publish a great new regional bicycle map
- Engage new members, grow membership, and build a regional power base
- Win new Complete Streets policies throughout the region starting in Highland Park and NW Indiana
- Break ground on the Navy Pier Flyover
- Launch new campaign to reduce speeds regionally
- Finish our year off with a 25th Birthday Celebration at Bike Town Bash.
Make a Donation
Your tax-deductible donation supports the important work that Active Trans does throughout the region
I have tremendous respect for the Active Transportation Alliance as an organization. I am very impressed by the abilities of their dedicated, talented and professional staff.