Did You Know?
Legislative Roundup – Thank You Edition
Thank you for making the 2009 Illinois legislative session a success!
Your commitment to walking, biking and transit pushed us to secure huge wins:
- Increased Safe Routes to School Funding
- Creation of School Transportation Task Force
- Distracted driving bills (partial bans on talking on cell phones and text messaging while driving)
- Requirement for Metra to accept credit cards
- Providing bicyclists and pedestrians access to compensation in hit and run crashes
- Protecting electric bike riders rights
Sen. Heather Steans, Sen. Michael Bond, Sen. James Meeks, Sen. Martin Sandoval
Sen. Pamela Althoff, Sen. Edward Maloney, Rep. Luis Arroyo, Rep. Elaine Nekritz, Rep. John D’Amico, Rep. Robert Pritchard, Rep. Greg Harris, House Majority Leader Barbara Flynn Currie
Please check back at the blog at www.activetrans.org for more information on our ongoing campaigns. If you have any suggestions for next year's legislative agenda, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312.427.3325 x229.
Make a Donation
Your tax-deductible donation supports the important work that Active Trans does throughout the region