Did You Know?
Join us for a Southside Summit on Transportation
Active Transportation Alliance is excited to participate in a virtual summit about the impacts of growth in warehousing and trucking on Chicago’s South Side.
Organizers plan to discuss the central role of freight in our region’s economy and how it contributes to many negative outcomes that primarily impact Chicago’s Black and Latinx populations. Problems such as air pollution, traffic safety, and damage to existing infrastructure can be traced back to the freight industry.
Southside Summit on Transportation: Expansion of Warehouses, Trucking, Distribution and Logistics
- Day 1: Tuesday 2/23 — Registration
- What does Freight and Trucking, Distribution and Logistics (TDL) look like? 3 p.m. – 3:55 p.m.
- The Growth of Amazon Facilities, 4 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- The Impacts to Public Health, 3 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
- Just Transition and the Solutions to a Crisis, 5:30 p.m. – 6:25 p.m.
- What can Politicians do, 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Active Trans Advocacy Managers Lynda Lopez and Alex Perez are helping lead the day 1 session on the growth of Amazon facilities. Lynda is moderating the panel and Alex is presenting along with Kate Lowe from UIC and Bridgeport Alliance, Roberto Clark from Warehouse Workers for Justice, and John Lippert from Better Government Association.
Make a Donation
Your tax-deductible donation supports the important work that Active Trans does throughout the region