Did You Know?
Greenline Wheels launches free cycling clinics
Once again, Greenline Wheels in Oak Park is hosting a bi-weekly series of cycling clinics called Teach Me Tuesdays.
The free clinics cover various subjects and are held every other Tuesday at 6:30 p.m., from January 10 through April 18 at the Greenline Wheels office, 105 South Marion Street in Oak Park.
Teach Me Tuesdays schedule
- Jan. 10: Cold Weather Cycling. Winter bicycling can be a blast when you’re prepared for it. Learn how to keep warm, keep safe and keep rolling through the colder months.
- Jan. 24: Fix A Flat. Learning to fix a flat tire is quick and easy when you know the right the skills and have the right tools.
- Feb. 7: Scouts Night. Greenline Wheels opens its’ doors to local scout troops looking to complete requirements for the Cycling merit badge.
- Feb. 21: Women Bike Chicago Fashion Show. Join Women Bike Chicago for a relaxed social engagement followed by a fashion show featuring bike-friendly fashion so that you can ride — and arrive — in style.
- Mar 7: How NOT to Get Your Bike Stolen (and what to do if it does). Join us and the Oak Park Police to learn best strategies for securing your bike and what options are available to you if your bike does get stolen. Bike registration will also be available.
- Mar 21: Commuting. Commuting by can bike can save you time and money, and reduce stress. Learn the ins and outs, and tips and tricks of commuting by bike.
- Apr 4: Maintenance 101/201. Routine bike maintenance keeps you riding smoothly and prolongs the life of your bike. Join us for this introductory class to help you take care of your bike.
- Apr 18: Bike Camping. Taking an overnight trip by bike is an incredibly fun way to travel. For a novice, however, it can also be intimidating. Let us demystify overnight bike touring by teaching you how to select routes, pack your bike and make your ride as comfortable as possible.
With the exception of Scout Night, Teach Me Tuesdays are BYOB friendly.
Make a Donation
Your tax-deductible donation supports the important work that Active Trans does throughout the region