Did You Know?
Festival Production Manager
The Active Transportation Alliance is the Chicago region’s voice for better biking, walking and transit. Each year the organization produces MB Bike the Drive, a recreational, non-competitive bicycle ride held on the iconic Lake Shore Drive. MB Bike the Drive features a festival in Grant Park that welcomes over 8,000 participants and boasts almost 50 vendors and sponsors exhibiting their products.
The Festival Production Manager will be a seasonal part of the Active Trans team involved in the day-to-day planning, administration, and production of the festival. The Production Manager will work closely as part of the Events team and will assist where needed in the office or on the festival site. Experience or interest in festivals, live performances, and community events are an asset.
Administration: Communicate with and field inquiries from vendors and sponsors concerning the festival; Work with Development Director and Director of Events and Marketing to track committed exhibitors and complete all appropriate paperwork; Work with the Event Manager to coordinate necessary rentals.
Festival Production: Lead the set-up, operation and tear down of the Festival space; Scout space and assist Event Manager with determining festival layout; Supervise interns and volunteers assigned to your area; Serve as the main point of contact for all deliveries and load-in; provide customer service and troubleshoot as necessary.
The position is temporary, requiring approximately 10-20 hours per week from late-April through mid-May, with an increased time commitment preceding and during the event week. The Festival Production Manager is expected to be available event weekend (May 26, 27 and 28, 2017.)
· Experience: 1-3 years of experience in promotions or special event planning and management
· Bachelor’s Degree: Preferably in Marketing or Business Administration
· Attention to detail: The ability to handle many different tasks at the same time in a stressful environment. Ability to solve problems on the spot.
· Self-Starter & Team Player: Be able to work alone on projects without much supervision and at the same time work closely with others in a team environment
· Flexibility: Be able to adapt to the wide ranging tasks associated with the position from working in an office environment to being on site at the Festival ground.
· Position requires prolonged standing, bending, and lifting products and supplies weighing 65 pounds.
Classification: Part time-Temporary
Dates of employment: Late April-June 2, 2017
Compensation: $15 per hour
Email letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Festival Production Manager in the subject line.
Make a Donation
Your tax-deductible donation supports the important work that Active Trans does throughout the region