Did You Know?
Donate your car and downsize for good
Many non-profit organizations accept donations of cars to benefit the organization, but the Active Transportation Alliance wants more than your donation.
We want to help you downsize that car for good by providing free memberships to car- and bike-sharing programs, discounts at a high-end bike shop and other perks like a Ventra pass and Active Trans membership.
Getting around without a car means getting more exercise, lightening your carbon footprint and saving loads of money on insurance, parking and gas.
But now, going car-free or car-lite also means you can get free services and resources to help you get around Chicagoland without using your own car.
More and more people are going car-free or reducing the number of cars they own. Services like Divvy, Uber, public transportation and various car-sharing operations have made it easier for people to ditch their cars.
As our Executive Director Ron Burke said to the Chicago Sun-Times, “We couldn’t think of a better way to say ‘thanks’ for a car donation than giving people the tools they need to make the transition to a car-free or car-lite lifestyle.
When you donate your car to Active Trans, you’ll enjoy the following benefits.
- One year of free membership with Enterprise CarShare ($65 value) and $50 of driving credits.*
- One year of free membership with Divvy, Chicago’s bike sharing program ($75 value).*
- 15 percent discount at Ancien Cycles, a bike shop on Milwaukee Ave. in Chicago’s West Town neighborhood.
- A free, seven-day unlimited ride Ventra pass.
- One free year of Active Trans membership ($35 value)
*While supplies last
Make a Donation
Your tax-deductible donation supports the important work that Active Trans does throughout the region