Did You Know?
Congrats to grant recipients!
A hearty congratulations to the area communities that won approval for bike/ped/transit projects through the Illinois Transportation Enhancements program!
|North Shore Channel Trail
The list includes both large and small-scale improvements that promise to transform travel for people throughout the region. Thanks to the Illinois Department of Transportation for getting this funding allocated.
The list includes:
- Cal-Sag Trail, Thorn Creek Trail, Sand Ridge Trail — Cook County Forest Preserve District
- North Shore Channel Trail pedestrian bridge — Chicago
- Millennium Trail — Lake County Forest Preserve District
- Bike route signage and pavement markings — Glenview
- Historic train station rehab — Lake Forest
- Ladd Arboretum Multiuse Trail — Evanston
- Bicycle transportation plan — Palatine
- DuPage River Trail connection — Plainfield
- Shoe Factory Road/I-90 bike and pedestrian project — Hoffman Estates
- Hart Road Path improvements — Barrington
- Prairie Path crossing project — Kane County
Make a Donation
Your tax-deductible donation supports the important work that Active Trans does throughout the region