Did You Know?
Become a Street Team Advocate
Are you looking for tangible ways to make a positive difference in your community and across our region?
Are you someone who’s excited with the idea of helping to make our region a better place for walking, rolling, biking, and transit?
If these are questions that get your blood pumping, you should consider becoming a Street Team Advocate!
Our interactive training series will help build your transportation knowledge and hone your advocacy skills.
By attending the Street Team Advocate Training, you can expect to:
- Increase your knowledge about key transportation issues.
- Learn about advocacy strategies that can help shape our built environment.
- Get involved in our most pressing advocacy campaigns and tap into ways to inspire others to join the movement for better walking, biking, and transit.
- Connect with others who are passionate about active transportation.
Additional trainings will offer deep dives into our current campaigns and touch on the following topics:
- How to impact local and statewide policies.
- How to build your own local campaign.
- How to work with elected officials.
- An introduction to best practices in infrastructure and design.
HOW DO I BECOME A STREET TEAM ADVOCATE?
Anyone can join the Street Team. To become a Street Team Advocate, attend one of our evening introductory two-hour training sessions.
Trainings will be offered both in person and online. In-person trainings will be held at the Active Transportation Alliance office in downtown Chicago (35 E. Wacker Drive, Suite 1782, Chicago, IL 60601).
Sign up here for our upcoming 2024 trainings:
- Tuesday, January 9, 6-8pm (virtual)
- Wednesday, January 17, 6-8pm (In-person)
- Thursday, January 25, 6-8pm (In-person)
We expect to schedule additional trainings later in the year, so stay tuned if these dates do not work for you.
IS THIS PROGRAM THE SAME AS THE AMBASSADOR PROGRAM?
Prior to the pandemic, we hosted similar training sessions called the Ambassador program.
The Street Team Advocate program is a revamped version of the Ambassador program with a greater emphasis on building up your advocacy skills and transportation knowledge.
Former Ambassadors are welcome to join the Street Team and attend any of our upcoming training sessions for a refresher.
Active Transportation Alliance Campaigns & Programs:
- Bike Walk Every Town (Suburban Advocacy)
- State Policy Work
- Transit Fiscal Cliff
- Better Bus Service
- Bus Rapid Transit for Chicago
Sign up for our advocacy email list to receive alerts about our campaigns and other transportation updates.
We’d love to hear from you! Please contact Julia and Maggie if you have any questions or feedback.
Make a Donation
Your tax-deductible donation supports the important work that Active Trans does throughout the region