Help us make biking, walking and transit better in your community
Active Transportation Alliance’s mission is to reclaim the region’s streets. And the strongest tool in our arsenal is you.
Here are some of the accomplishments from 2016 that you helped make possible:
- The City of Chicago took the top spot in Bicycling magazine’s list of cycling-friendly cities.
- Construction began on a second lakefront trail to ease congestion.
- Aurora built suburban Chicago’s first concrete-curb protected bike lane and is using the bike lane to fill a gap in the Fox River Trail.
- You fought for — and won — the right to bring your bike on the South Shore Line.
- Nine Chicagoland communities passed Complete Streets policies and eight communities approved active transportation plans.
- Divvy expanded to Oak Park and Evanston, making it clear that suburban communities provide fertile ground for bike sharing.
But our work together is far from complete. We need a comprehensive bikeways network in the city and suburbs, and a bike sharing program that is accessible to everyone throughout the area.
We need the ability to cross streets without fearing for our lives. We need to reclaim our streets.
By coming to meetings and signing petitions, you make your voice loud and clear: This is our region. These are our streets.
But Active Trans can’t keep the lights on with petition signatures.
This holiday season, make an impact right outside your front door. Please, take this special opportunity to give generously.
Do you shop on Amazon.com? Your purchases could be going to support Active Trans! Visit smile.amazon.com and select Active Transportation Alliance as your preferred charity. With the same catalogue and pricing, Amazon Smile turns your everyday purchases into better transportation opportunities for your neighborhood!