Did You Know?
A bicycle commuter who rides four miles to work, five days a week, avoids 2,000 miles of driving and about 2,000 pounds of CO2 emissions each year.
The Southland flag is checkered
Bike racing busts out all over the Southland (and Geneva) this weekend, including:
- Beverly, July 9, 5:45 PM – Pro/Elite men, with a Big Wheel race for wee racers at 5:15 PM
- Geneva, July 10 – First races 10 AM, Pro/Elite women 3:40 PM, Pro/Elite men 5:45 PM
- Homewood, July 11 – First races 10 AM, Pro/Elite women 3:40 PM, Pro/Elite men 5:45 PM
- Richton Park, July 12 – First races 10 AM, Pro/Elite women 3:30 PM, Pro/Elite men 5:45 PM
- Willow Springs, July 13 – First races 9 AM, Pro/Elite women 10:30 AM, Pro/Elite men 1:45 PM
Racing's darned exciting, and stokes a community's blood for bicycling. Pop in at the Active Trans tent between races in Homewood and Richton Park; and visit the Friends of the Calumet-Sag Trail at the Beverly race.
Make a Donation
Your tax-deductible donation supports the important work that Active Trans does throughout the region
Active Trans is a leader in making transportation equitable, accessible, and affordable in order to improve the quality of life in the region.