Did You Know?
Soldier Field Cyclng Series debuts tonight -June 17th
The Active Transportation Alliance and the City of Chicago welcome a new addition to the 2009 Bike to Work Week Festivities – the kick-off of the inaugural Soldier Field Cycling Series.
The races will be held in the South Lot of Soldier Field every other Wednesday night, through August 26. Racing begins at 5:30 pm, click here for full details and schedule.
The races are sanctioned by USA Cycling and do require at least a one-day license, available for purchase at on-site registration.
Never raced before? That's okay! Some reminders and suggestion for beginners:
- Helmets are required, in addition to the license
- So is a road bike – with drop bars and multiple gears – fixed gears and mountain bikes are not allowed in the road discipline
- The bike should be in good working condition, able to shift and stop
- Some sort of clip-in pedal and bike-specific shoe is recommended
- Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your race to sign in, get your number and pin it on, and preview the course
- And most important of all – HAVE FUN!
Active Trans/Racing is very excited about this new racing series so close to home, and we look forward to seeing full fields and a successful inaugural for the Soldier Field Cycling Series.
Make a Donation
Your tax-deductible donation supports the important work that Active Trans does throughout the region