Did You Know?
Share your active transportation haikus and win prizes
Got ideas for haikus that focus on biking, walking and transit use? For the next several weeks, Active Trans is holding a haiku contest.
The winner will receive a free membership (or membership renewal) to the Active Transportation Alliance, a free registration for one of Active Trans’ fantastic events and a $50 gift card to REI.
What you need to know about the haiku contest:
- Deadline for submission will be Monday, Oct. 21.
- Submission can be done via two methods: 1) Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. 2) Post a comment on this blog (or Facebook post) that includes the haiku and your email address. (To submit a comment on the blog, you must be a registered Active Trans website user. Click “log in” at the top right on the homepage.)
- Keep it clean, please!
- Content should be active transportation-related, of course.
- Our esteemed panel of judges will put their pointy heads together and pick one winner. Their decision will be final.
- Form counts, so let’s try to stick with the traditional haiku syllable count for the three lines, which is five, seven and five syllables respectively.
- You can enter as often as you’d like.
- Submissions must be original.
- We will publish some or all the entries in the Active Trans blog and Active Trans newsletters.
And here’s one active transportation haiku to get you started:
Running to the bus
Driver waits for me to board
Renewing my faith
Make a Donation
Your tax-deductible donation supports the important work that Active Trans does throughout the region