Did You Know?
Local funding for CMAQ and TIGER funds announced
At the recent meeting for the Mayor's Bicycle Advisory Committee, participants heard great news about various local active transportation projects.
The following projects were awarded federal funding through the Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement (CMAQ) Program:
- Bloomingdale Trail: $36.54 million: $34.3 for construction; $2.24 for engineering
- Streets for Cycling: $32 million over 4 years
- Bike Sharing Program: $18 million over 3 years
- Navy Pier Flyover: $11.328 million to complete construction funding
- Bike Parking: $2 million for multi-year program
- Travel Demand Management (including bike marketing): $2 million
- Forest Preserve District: $3.402 million to complete construction funding
Additionally, Chicago was awarded $20 million in federal Tiger III economic stimulus funds for the following projects:
- $16 million toward CTA Blue Line repairs
- $4 million for the city's planned bicycle-sharing project that is scheduled to start next summer
Make a Donation
Your tax-deductible donation supports the important work that Active Trans does throughout the region