Active Transportation Alliance seeks a dynamic, self-starter interested assisting the events team in executing a suite of events facilitated largely through volunteer support. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of non-profit administration while working for an exciting advocacy organization.
The special events intern’s job responsibility is to help further the mission of Active Transportation Alliance by assisting with the recruitment, training and management of volunteers in order to aid the organization in its mission to make biking walking and transit safer and more accessible in the Chicagoland area. The intern will assist with volunteer recruitment, communications and program development.
· Facilitate communications and outreach regarding volunteer recruitment, particularly for the Kickstand Classic on October 1st.
· Update and maintain lists of potential volunteer groups and individuals
· Help manage volunteer outreach using social networking tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Idealist.org, and VolunteerMatch.com
· Manage volunteer RSVPs and volunteer assignments
· Provide scheduled volunteers with necessary documentation in a timely manner, including waivers, directional maps, volunteer FAQs, and other necessary documents
· Conduct onsite volunteer orientation and act as the day of volunteer manager
· Work with the events team to order all supplies needed for volunteers on event day
· Assist with data entry and ensure data quality of volunteer statistics
· Attend Volunteer Committee meetings including distributing agenda and taking minutes
· Strong communication & presentation skills
· Self-directed, adaptable, flexible, resourceful and creative
· Familiarity with social media programs; comfort engaging with audiences across these platforms
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel
· Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to details, as well as excellent problem solving abilities.
· Experience with Salesforce is a plus
· Commitment to organization’s mission
Expected Start/End Date: Late August-November 2017
To fully experience the benefits of the internship, the candidate must be available and onsite for Kickstand Classic weekend, Friday, September 29 through Sunday, October 1, 2017. Additional time commitment two weeks prior and the weekend of the event is expected.
Class credit is available to the qualified intern who can commit to 10-20 hours per week for the semester-long internship.
Submit resume and cover letter to Maureen Stern, [email protected], by August 9th. Please put “Special Event Internship” or “Event Marketing Internship” in the subject line. No faxes, phone calls, or visits, please.