Active Transportation Alliance is seeking an experienced and dedicated individual to join our team as Salesforce and IT Manager. This individual will lead the ongoing development of our Salesforce deployment, and will be responsible for managing all office software and server upgrades, hardware and software purchases, and workstation maintenance and support for a ~20-person staff. The ideal candidate will have a record of success in improving processes and adoption using the Salesforce platform, and in basic network administration.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities
• Serve as primary system administrator for the Salesforce.com environment.
• Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows, and other routine tasks.
• Work with management team to establish and refine processes to support administrative, development, and volunteer management activities.
• Train new users and grow the Salesforce skills set across the organization.
• Design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption.
• Have knowledge of and be able to provide troubleshooting and other support on all related apps including Pardot.
• Maintain and support Windows 10 workstations and purchase/install new hardware/software as needed.
• Maintain Microsoft Small Business Server.
• Maintain internal network infrastructure.
• Act as primary contact with ActiveTrans’ IT vendors.
• Be primary helpdesk support for staff and train users on applications and hardware.
• Candidates must be well versed on a variety of technologies, as well as the ability to quickly master new ones in short order.
• Candidates should have project management skills to oversee continuing IT related work, including managing contractual relationships with web developers, ISP providers, and other contractors and consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree required, relevant field preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- At least 2 years’ experience administering Salesforce, with a strong understanding of Salesforce best practices and functionality
- At least 3 years’ experience supporting Windows based computers and Windows Server 2008 and newer
- Strong multi-tasking abilities with ability to be self-directed with minimal supervision
- Strong time management abilities
- Strong customer service abilities
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office 2016 and Windows 10 configuration
- Strong skills with HTML/CSS
- Working knowledge of website development and design
- A passion for the transformational nature of bicycling, walking and transit on community livability and sustainability.
- A commitment to Active Transportation Alliance mission, vision and goals.
- Experience in managing Office 365 platform, including telephony through Skype for Business
- Familiarity with managing firewalls
· Ability to lift and carry items up to 25 lbs.
For consideration: Send a resume and cover letter to Melody Geraci at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include the words ‘Salesforce and IT Manager’ in the subject line. Electronic submissions only; no mailed or faxed submissions will be accepted. No phone calls, please.
This position is open until filled. For priority consideration, please submit application no later than December 31, 2017. Start date is negotiable, but preferably as soon as possible.
Term: This is a full-time, salaried position, based at the Active Transportation Alliance office in downtown Chicago, 35 East Wacker Drive, Suite 1782. Hours are typically 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., with occasional after-hours and weekend work required.
Salary and benefits: The Active Transportation Alliance offers a competitive salary based upon experience and skills as well as a progressive benefit program that includes health, dental, active transportation benefit, pre-tax transit program, and retirement options.
The Active Transportation Alliance is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, sex or age.