Part/Full-time, Temporary Position
The Active Transportation Alliance, a nonprofit bicycling, walking and public transit advocacy organization, seeks an Event Registration Manager to manage the registration process for MB Bike the Drive, one of the largest bicycling events in the country, plus work on several other smaller summer events. The qualified candidate will also assist with all aspects of event production.
Qualified candidates should possess excellent writing, communication, technical skills, time-management and organizational skills with an interest in working as a strong contributor to a team. Candidates should also have an interest in event management, registration systems and processes, customer service, general nonprofit work and bicycling. This part-time to full-time, temporary position and starts March 12 and ends Friday, Aug 31 (end date tentative). Pay rate: $10-15/hour depending on experience.
START DATE: Monday, March 12, 2018
LENGTH OF JOB: Temporary position. March 12 and ends Friday, Aug 31 (end date tentative).
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The Registration Manager will work 15-20 hours/week, Monday through Friday, during business hours for the month of March. Starting in early April, weekly hours will transition into a full-time, 35-40 hour work week as we approach MB Bike the Drive. Evenings and weekend hours are needed several weeks prior to the event. The Registration Manager reports to the Director of Events and Marketing with oversight by the Events Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Event Registration Manager’s primary duties include:
- Set up and manage online event registration pages with auto-generated email confirmation content, discount codes, date-dependant pricing, event merchandise, Active Trans membership sales, and other functions
- Lead all aspects of on-site event registration, including hiring packet pickup manager(s), assessing technology needs and acquiring assisting with volunteer training and provide management
- Manage all participant communications including email blasts, rider materials, auto-responders
- Assist with event marketing communication under Event Marketing Director including social media, marketing e-blasts, etc.
- Serve as the primary contact for participant questions regarding event registration and materials
- Direct large-scale MB Bike the Drive registration packet mailing process
- Merchandise ordering/fulfillment process
- Establish relationships with vendors and negotiate contracts
- Assist in all aspects of event production, pre-production and day-of logistics for all Active Trans events
- Create and generate financial reports indicating breakdown of event registration revenue
The candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Ability and desire to work as a contributing member of a team. Strong project management, communication, collaboration and team participation skills are required
- Excellent online database management skills
- Excellent customer service skills, previous experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Pardot are a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, is required.
- Previous event production and/or registration experience are preferred
- Comfortable with regular e-mail and phone communications
- Flexible schedule: Must be willing to work long hours during event season, including nights and weekends, and occasional nights and weekends throughout the event season. Event weekend is required: May 25-27, 2018
- Ability to lift 50 lbs +
- A desire to improve Chicagoland communities by promoting bicycling, walking, and/or use of public transportation
The position offers valuable job experience for those interested in a career in event production/technology management and customer service.
Our events are Active Trans’ fundraisers, the proceeds of which promote walking, bicycling and public transit to create healthy, sustainable and equitable communities. We envision a Chicagoland that is a fun and healthy place to live, work and play.
No hard copies, phone calls or faxes please.
See www.activetrans.org for more information about the Active Transportation Alliance and its programs.
Submit a cover letter explaining interest in the job, qualifications and resumeby Friday, January 19 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Event Registration Manager”.